The project “Applying Landscape and Sustainable Land Management (L-SLM) for mitigating land degradation and contributing to poverty reduction in rural areas’’ will improve L-SLM practices in Georgia resulting in global environment benefits these will deliver including:
- Improved provision of agro-ecosystem and forest ecosystem goods and services;
- Reduced vulnerability of agro-ecosystem and forest ecosystems to climate change and other human-induced impacts;
- Reduced GHG emissions from agriculture, deforestation and forest degradation;
- Increased carbon sequestration / improved carbon stocks; and
- Improved status of biodiversity by safeguarding ecosystems, species and genetic diversity, including through habitat protection.
GEF Programming Priorities can be found on the link.